OKCoin CEO Hong Fang joined the “Bitcoin Magazine Podcast” to discuss why Bitcoin is important and what the future looks like.
Listen To This Episode:
This week for the “Bitcoin Magazine Podcast,” host Christian Keroles sat down with the CEO of OKCoin Hong Fang for a wide-ranging conversation about why Bitcoin is important, onboarding new people and Fang’s personal journey with Bitcoin.
Since taking over as the CEO of OKCoin, she has taken swift action to better adapt the exchange for new user onboarding and better aligning the exchange and platform with Bitcoin-native technology. OKCoin has taken the lead in adopting Layer 2 technology like the Lighting Network and Blockstack and recently made waves for delisting prominent Bitcoin forks (BCH and BSV). Fang described how these coins in particular were riding Bitcoin’s coattails and how most new users were getting confused by them when they were really just looking for BTC the store of value. The conversation closed with Fang describing her visions for a Bitcoin future that is more equitable and just for mankind.
Other topics discussed include:
- Where was Fang doing professionally when she discovered Bitcoin?
- What set her up to understand the problems in society and how Bitcoin addresses them
- Why is Bitcoin not just another crypto asset? What makes it special?
- OKCoin’s effort to support Bitcoin development
- Bitcoin adoption and OKCoin’s role in facilitating that
- Fang’s perspective about what a bItcoin future looks like